Oovee® Games

Game Crash when winching

Since tonight , me and my group are all experiencing crash to desktop and freeze and other bug on every map for unknown reason 

look like its started to happen after a small update over steam.

anyone know any info about this ?

problem directly appear when we use a winch 

Edited by Arts911
  • Like 1

My game has started crashing alot aswell, no connection with the winch though. It just seems random for me but I had around 5 crash's within a few minutes so I just gave up. Previously it would crash out if I would try to use to many modded trucks or just certain mods together but now even with mods that worked fine before seem to be crashing randomly.

Just started noticing this tonight, and i've tried to replicate it with all possible combinations.  It seems that whenever we hook up to anything with the winch, the game freezes and then crashes to desktop.

I've been able to replicate this in single and multiplayer games.

--Used only certified mods, still crashed

--Used uncertified mods, crashed (expected given they aren't certified)

--Used a completely mod less game, still crashed

All of this seems to happen when you try to winch to another vehicles or to a tree.

Sounds like this came up about a year ago, according to an old steam forum post. It seems to have reared it's ugly head again

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I've done a complete reinstall of spintires to no avail

Post up any possibilities you got guys

Just started noticing this tonight, and i've tried to replicate it with all possible combinations.  It seems that whenever we hook up to anything with the winch, the game freezes and then crashes to desktop.

I've been able to replicate this in single and multiplayer games.

--Used only certified mods, still crashed

--Used uncertified mods, crashed (expected given they aren't certified)

--Used a completely mod less game, still crashed

All of this seems to happen when you try to winch to another vehicles or to a tree.

Sounds like this came up about a year ago, according to an old steam forum post. It seems to have reared it's ugly head again

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I've done a complete reinstall of spintires to no avail

Post up any possibilities you got guys

ya same thing happened to me it was working fine for the last 2 days then all of a sudden the game started crashing today every time I winch. do u also lose Your saves. cause when mine crashes all my saves are gone

Remember last year when this issue happened? Use your Delorean to travel back a few days and no more crash crash when hooky hooky to other vroom vrooms and wood like appendages.  You are welcome!

Edited by norsa

problem directly appear when we use a winch

Confirmed.

look like its started to happen after a small update over steam.

anyone know any info about this ?

At this stage not sure if Pavel is incompetent, or a troll. It's like he doesn't even test at all.

Is anyone working on this? I've confirmed its not truck related, seems to be winch related, and obviously due to last update. I've tried using older media.zips and basically entire spintires folder replaced with older versions and that did nothing, so I ask where does steam store app content related to spintires updates?

Damn it OOVEE you get me addicted to this awesome game and you break it !

I am in the middle (2 hours in) of THE HILL on hardcore, winched my B-130(has virtually no grip, but sounds great) across the map and retrieved the D700 for some heavy duty winching and CRASH everytime

I have tried;

cleaned %appdata%#spintires

steamapps backup for 24 hours ago

every truck

every map

no steam overlay

minimum graphic settings

differnt PC(win7) was off the network for a time

but still everytime I winch to a tree or truck CRASH CRASH CRASH !

Please please please fix

AMD A10-6790K - Sapphire RADEON K9 290X - Win10 x64 - 8GigRAM

AUTOMATED MESSAGE: Possible bug reported, we will endeavour to provide a fix as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please provide as much detail about the bug you have reported.

Thread moved to the BUG / ISSUES section.

Game Crash when using the winch - Happend in SINGLEPLAYER! doesnt matter if you try to pull you car out by a tree ..... or if you just winch another car game crashes serverl seconds after using the winch ( even when the hud stays visible)

I take my recent msg all back, its not ONLY just the maps (which it is on one said), but also all vehicles, modded vehicles, workshop vehicles, and in-game built vehicles. So its the game itself overall. There must have been a recent patch or something bcuz i sure as hell didn't see an update bcuz I always check in my steam downloads to see what I recently downloaded/whats downloading, or what just finish downloading, and there was absolutely NO UPDATE of ST that I didn't see. So I have no idea whats going on with this winch crashing and what caused it to happen/start.  :huh: