Oovee® Games
woodingot

woodingot's workshop

DT-75 Bulldozer mod is now released on Steam workshop Just make sure you read description

PDqdIEK.png

This mod works in multiplayer aswell because tracks are optimized to be under the limit. If you find any issues with mod please let me know here or in the mod description. Spintires Plus mod must be installed or game will crash.

Edited by woodingot
  • Like 6

Great mod! Very good work and a good idea to realization of the tracks, it is uniquely bring to the game variety.

PS I apologize for the errors and absurdities in the text around the blaming Google translator)

• Like 2

Since DT-75 is dependednt on Spintires Plus mod i did get flooded with comments on Steam workshop about game crashing because some people never bothered to read mod desription and did not install ST+. I had idea to hide error message somewhere inside DT-75 mesh that would become visible when ST+ was missing but first i needed solution to crash. Luckily Localhost found time to fix the issue with crash and provided the xml code for error message to show only when ST+ was missing.

So here is what i belive fixed the game crashing for DT-75 when ST+ was not installed. Localhost added this FixedBreakable constraint to track links so tracks would just fall apart when ST+ is missing instead of crash game. I leave this xml part here as example if anyone needs to fix tracked vehicle crashing without ST+ installed.

<_templates
Include="trucks">
<Body>
        <TrackLinkForSTBase
            AllowedPenetrationDepth="0.0"
            AngularDamping="0.2"
            Collisions="All"
            NoClientCollisions="true"
            NoSoftContacts="true"
            NoFoliageCollisions="true"
            Mass="40"
            Friction="1.0"
            CenterOfMassOffset="(0; 0; 0)"
        >
            <Constraint    _template="FixedBreakable"    />
        </TrackLinkForSTBase>
</Body>
<Constraint>
        <FixedBreakable Type="Fixed" BreakOffThreshold="1" />

<DS_Track_Path
            Type="PointToPath"
            Path_Mode="FullyConstrained"
            Loop="true"
            NeverParallelDir="(0;0;-1)"
            SmoothFactor="0.35"
            ParentFrame="BoneChassis_cdt"
            ModelFrameParent="BoneChassis_cdt"
            PivotOffset="(0;0;0.7)"

Node0="(-0.876;-0.020;0)"
            Node1="(-0.330;-0.020;0)"
(Deleted nodes between here to save space)
            Node31="(-1.348;0.072;0)"

Chain_Mode="ContinueChain"
            Chain_PreviousLinkToJointOffset="(0.1738;0;0)"
            Chain_NextLinkToJointOffset="(-0.1738;0;0)"
            Chain_MaxErrorDistance="0.02"
            Chain_Stiffness="0.4"

SetChildQuality="4"
        />
        <PS_Track_Path
            _template="DS_Track_Path"
            PivotOffset="(0;0;-0.7)"
        />
        <MasterLink AxisLocal="(0;0;1)" Type="UnlimitedHinge" PivotOffset="(-0.1738;0;0)" />
    </Constraint>
</_templates>

<PhysicsModel>
    <Body ModelFrame="BoneChassis_cdt">
        <!--Avoid crashes for non ST+ users by only using constraints from the base game in the <Body> section -->
        <Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentDS_000"/>
        <Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentDS_001"/>
        <Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentDS_099"/>

<Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentPS_000"/>
        <Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentPS_001"/>
        <Body _template="TrackLinkForSTBase" ModelFrame="TrackSegmentPS_099"/>

</Body>

<!--Put all ST+ constraints here, outside the <Body> section -->
    <Constraint _template="MasterLink" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentDS_000" ModelFrameParent="TrackSegmentDS_099" />
    <Constraint _template="DS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentDS_000" Chain_Mode="StartChain"/>
    <Constraint _template="DS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentDS_001"/>
    <Constraint _template="DS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentDS_099"Chain_Mode="EndChain"/>

<Constraint _template="MasterLink" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentPS_000" ModelFrameParent="TrackSegmentPS_099" />
    <Constraint _template="PS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentPS_000" Chain_Mode="StartChain"/>
    <Constraint _template="PS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentPS_001"/>
    <Constraint _template="PS_Track_Path" ModelFrameChild="TrackSegmentPS_099" Chain_Mode="EndChain"/>
</PhysicsModel>

Now the error message would be useful for some modders who need to have ST+ installed for their mod to function correctly.Firs of all this is what error message would look like in game if ST+ is not installed.

qa8p00u.gif

b4G53yW.jpg?1

This is the setup in 3ds Max its pretty basic error_cdt lower point is the axis and it falls down by gravity if ST+ is missing.When ST+ is installed the error_cdt is being restricted from falling down by constraint that only works with ST+ installed. The error text mesh is child of error_cdt and its offset slightly to expose more of it when it falls out.

ekFsJj7.png
Here is the xml code Localhost did set up that makes the error show only when ST+ is not installed.

<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/DT-75_mesh_source">
	<Body ModelFrame="BoneChassis_cdt" ImpactType="Truck" Mass="2000" Collisions="All" CenterOfMassOffset="(0.0; 0.0; 0.0)">
		 <Body ModelFrame="error_cdt" Mass="2" Collisions="None">
			<Constraint
				AxisLocal="(0;0;1)"
				Type="Hinge"
				MinLimit="0"
				MaxLimit="120"
			/>
		</Body>
	</Body>

<Constraint
		ModelFrameParent="error_cdt"
		ModelFrameChild="BoneChassis_cdt"
		PivotOffset="(1.214;0;0)" (first value you get from 3ds Max its the location of pivot)
		AxisLocal="(1;0;0)"
		Type="PointToPlane"
	/>
</PhysicsModel>

Edited by woodingot
  • Like 7

most people wold just call the people complaining stupid and call it a day. Nice job being creative to help people out.

I just got sick of every third comment being complaint in some language i needed to translate and then getting negative votes XD This should atleast solve that issue but now they already complain about other things...

• Like 2

Sorry nederlands, laat je niet ergeren, heb je lang gevolgd bij dit project. Vind het zo goed dat het gelukt is naar zoveel stenen op de weg. Fijne voertuig gewoon top. Als de mensen mopperen laat hun zelf doen, dan weet men hoeveel werk het is en hoe moeilijk het is. Ze wouden dit en nog steeds mopperen, snap ik niet. Bedankt voor al je / julie zwaar werk

• Like 1

Looks good, glad you and Localhost were able to add it. Now, hopefully the negative comments will die down.

Does anyone have experience or ideas about making driver addon would there be way to make Spintires dude into addon even if animation gets lost. I did have driver for DT-75 at some point but the animation was not suitable as seat was on other side and Spintires dude ended up sticking hes hand out through the door to shift gears. Also driver gets in the way of first person camera so it has to be addon as i and probably many more like to play in first person. To be honest the hand throu the door even would be good enough as long as driver is addon XD

Older pic of when DT-75 had driver

NXiPjuG.jpg

Hey woodingot i got to ask, what program do you use for texture work?

All textures are done in Blender first i make high poly mesh then apply materials to in in Node editor (usually very complex materials and it takes lots of tweaking) then bake the whole thing to low poly mesh. I know there are better programs out there but they are not free like Blender is. Im definitely no expert on texturing i just found this method and it works good enough so i stick with it even thou its kinda limited and awkward to use. I dont do any hand brushing there its all in the material and geometry and inputting right base textures and masks

Edited by woodingot
  • Like 2

Im definitely no expert on texturing

i'd say getting these amazing results with that amount of "limited equipment" (i can't even make basic shapes in blender, it's user-unfriendly as hell for me) makes you kind of an expert

i can't even make basic shapes in blender, it's user-unfriendly as hell for me

Modelling in Blender is maybe not the easiest but node editor for texturing is pretty fun to use unless you are after absolute realism as then it can get very complicated. Im struggling with 3DS Max much more than Blender as i had to use it to export DT-75 because exporting tracks and suspension animation did work out in Blender. So basically i had to follow youtube tutorials and read forums to work with 3DS Max as its like opposite of Blender XD

Question to other Blender users does anyone else have issue with latest version when adjusting color ramp nodes? I switched to older none Steam version as latest one just keeps crashing.

• Like 1

I'm used to blender , after 1 year and 4 months, I can model many things just from pics with easy and i can model old cars too (Uaz 469,Gaz66,Volvo c303 and some of the mods I have realesed) I still struggle with newer ones (Chevy Cobalt SS,Suzuki Jimny,Dodge Viper), plus make some of the lowest poly detailed tires (like baja claw and tsl SS and Boggers)... you can learn fast with blender and get used to it and its many funtions+ all the user made pluggins can help you with anything you want

yup, i'm back onto the old trusty 2.76b , and the node editor only crashes when I'm in materials view and I switch a node or disconect one, or when ussing the pointness node many (10 or 15) times in a single material 

• Like 2

Does anyone have experience or ideas about making driver addon would there be way to make Spintires dude into addon even if animation gets lost. I did have driver for DT-75 at some point but the animation was not suitable as seat was on other side and Spintires dude ended up sticking hes hand out through the door to shift gears. Also driver gets in the way of first person camera so it has to be addon as i and probably many more like to play in first person. To be honest the hand throu the door even would be good enough as long as driver is addon XD

There are already a few edits of your mod , one of them with a loader, driver and many addons (the driver is optional) and i must say this one is not bad.

P3J3wid.jpg

Also you can take the driver from this mod : http://uploadfiles.eu/4912vlwms0nv/GT-SM___GAZ-71__.rar.html

It has a few guys as an addon, or you can contact Draconus to edit the animation. ;)

I cant say that i approve those edited versions that have been uploaded but there is little i can do to stop them. Even thou i did expect this to happen its still very bad for my motivation to have my work taken without permission and modified. I most likely wont be releasing any more mods of this quality for public but that does not mean i stop making them at all.

@Stellyan this modified DT version had animated driver as addon? Can you give link to that mod in PM then i can take look how its done. If its easy to do i might add driver addon for workshop DT-75.

No is not an addon , they are two versions...with driver and without.But you can use the one from that Gaz I posted, although is not high quality :|
You can't blame the russians for editing the mod , DT is made in their country and yours is the best one so far .You should take it as a compliment. Like i said those edits are well made, it makes the DT more usefull ,and they give credit to you (still they could ask for permission first).

Edited by Stellyan

You can't blame the russians for editing the mod , DT is made in their country and yours is the best one so far .

Actaully this model of DT was made in Kazakhstan not Russia but back to the point i had look at that Gaz mod and character 3D model did not appear to be on from Spintires. It looked more like Farming sim driver or user made content for Farming sim so im definetly not going to use it as part of my mod.

Edited by woodingot