Oovee® Games

[NEW] Useful links for new users

• 1 month later...

thanks for all the links. as time goes on i will look to the modding side of things. will never be able to do the trucks, just not good at that stuff. but maps, now if i can figure that out i will work on those, spent most of my farmsim time making maps, so these will be interesting, an hardcore. 

There are a lot of dead links, and some of the links doesnt contain the solution that it claims. For example the one of the water damage just says the values that are related to it, but not what they do.

But Im curious what happened with the user that has deleted all of his posts, some titles were promising but sadly they were dead links...

Edited by kunkka

Sadly it doesnt work. I dont want to to ask a lot of questions and be bothersome but I would like to know what are these:

- What are drive shafts? Are the shafts that can move and deform with the wheels? Do they need a model apart, another x file? Or do they just deform the part of the model that you tell it to?

- What are axles for?

- Dangerous water level, there are sensationmin and sensationorigin. The thing that I dont understand is why both of them are vectors, points.

- I have no idea what is the use of the bones for the game part...

- Is AngVel a multiplier to torque? For example if you have torque to 100 and AngVel to 0,5, the result torque is 200, and is AngVel is 2, the result torque is 50?

When you create the wiki, it would be pretty helpful if each page contained a file and all of its xml tags and what values they can get.

Sorry to bother and thanks

Note: At first several values didnt make sense to me, like the putting the parent frame to wheels or sound, but after reading about the k700 it does now, its a great truck to put examples.

Edited by kunkka

Easy questions to answer:

• Shafts (Driveshafts): pretty much everything you need to know is in this topic. Note that they only work front-rear on the vehicle (ie from a gearbox to a differential, or gearbox to transfer case etc etc. so cannot be use to run from the chassis to the wheels) Added in much the same way you add a driver to a vehicle.
  • Axles: Just a way to let the game know which bones the wheels are directly connected to and in what way (solid axle or independent)
  • Water level: Previously you had SensationOrigin and SensationSize. Origin was the center of a box and Size was the size of the box (ie SensationOrigin="(0.0; 1.0; 0.0)" SensationSize="(1.0; 1.0; 1.0)" would place a box with 1.0 meter sides at "0.0, 1.0, 0.0" (front, up, right) If water goes in the box you take damage) now you simply define the front-upper-right corner (SensationMax) and the rear-lower-left corner (SensationMin) of the box (easiest way to do it is make a box, then size and position it in your 3d editor and copy-paste the co-ordinates into the vehicle xml)
  • Bones are an easy way to make a non-visible mesh part that you can reference to. You also need them for animation (springs etc)
  • AngVel: "Is AngVel a multiplier to torque?" noooooo. In first gear the truck produces "Torque" torque at the wheels at AngVel (Angular Velocity, in radians/second) speed. as far as I can tell at higher gears (incl 1+ and reverse) you can calculate the torque in that gear by dividing the AngVel value for 1st by the AngVel value for that gear and multplying torque by that number (ie: Torque=100000, 1st Angvel = 1.0, 2nd AngVel = 4.0: max torque in 2nd gear (achieved when the wheels are spinning at 4 radians/second) is 1.0/4.0*100000 which = 25000) There is however a bit of fruityness with 1st gear in that you basically cannot have an AngVel higher than ~2.5 because unless you have your vehicle making totally silly amounts of torque, you won't have enough torque when your wheels aren't turning to get the wheels to start turning (something I hope will be rectified soon...)
  • Like 2

Thanks for your answer. About AngVel, I knew that it was the angular velocity but I asked if it was in addition the multiplier, like you said.

Can you check my other post, I need help there too and Im stuck :(

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi again I've checked the links and search on the forums and I had no luck finding the answer

I'm making some custom loads

I've modeled, textured and exported to St, tweaked the xml of the load logs medium and added my vision mesh but my load doesn't show in game

My truck only bounces when I press the load button

Any idea if I'm missing something on that?

My other question is about the pivot points an the medium log load do I have to represent that in blender? And how do I do that?

or how do I make a truck have chassis flex? Like the zil (this one is the less important one)

• 1 month later...

I see this topic is for new players, perhaps somebody could put my winching guide in the list of useful links for new players. Check out the link in my signature for my winching guide. :)

Near the bottom of the list mate ;) open your eyes or drink more coffee.

• 1 month later...

interesting post im gonna favorite this since this has  ALOT of useful information also is there a forum page about how to make an XML file from  scratch for a mod for spin tires? ive been seeing code here and there but i really dont know where to start in XML

Edited by Lego8_bit

also is there a forum page about how to make an XML file from  scratch for a mod for spin tires? ive been seeing code here and there but i really dont know where to start in XML

No, but there are an infinite ammount of XML tutorials online. I did post some ST related XML tips here, but never really added anything to it.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am a Newbie and wanted to know if there is a link to a description of how to play this game ? I have looked at 3 or 4 "demos" and gone thru the FAQ,  but none discuss the objectives or how you are supposed to approach any task. The driving I get, that part is easy, but, for example, if the truck I have shows it has a Winch, how do I make it work ? I saw lots of things in the demos but I have no idea how the user accomplished what they did.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I am a Newbie and wanted to know if there is a link to a description of how to play this game ? I have looked at 3 or 4 "demos" and gone thru the FAQ,  but none discuss the objectives or how you are supposed to approach any task. The driving I get, that part is easy, but, for example, if the truck I have shows it has a Winch, how do I make it work ? I saw lots of things in the demos but I have no idea how the user accomplished what they did.

Thanks

When in game if you push the ESC button and go to controls you can find what your looking for , Press 'V' to use the vehicles options like the winch......I cant help you with the objective stuff i dont play it for that im just a explorer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have searched, but am not finding what i am wanting to know. what program do i need to edit the winch line color or skin? am looking to make a better looking line for myself.

EDIT: ok i found the program i was needing, paint.net is the one i have been missing. 

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...