Oovee® Games

About giving credit and other rules

Freeman comes back, all hell breaks loose for a few posts, i get something interesting to read, thx :D  don't let the door hit you on the way out Freeman :)

EDIT: decided to add something to at least seem like i'm being on topic and not just posting to be a smart-***.

if i decided to go through a few models that i think are kinda sketchy (no pun intended but i'll leave it in there) and report them would this help you guys in anyway? just asking cause i don't want to be a bother and possibly make this a bigger mess than what it is currently.

Edited by SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH
  • Like 2

That was just some low-hanging fruit to see if you guys would actually do anything. Other mods will require a bit more work. Anyway, since we're playing it this way: I have a question. Say a modder is using another game model for their mod and has uploaded the same model over multiple, seperate mods, does each one count as an infraction against said modder? I guess we'll find out whether some modders are favored over others with the next one I report because someone should get banned if the rules are actually followed. Stay tuned, everyone!

and

Yes, let's get back to the models. The model I will report next has been uploaded to this site a great number of times, multiple times by some modders as I said. I actually reported one last night, as you very well know Hein, because that particular mod author was the only one out of all of them that actually said where he got the model. I would think this would be enough evidence to get all uploaded versions of that particular model removed, but I see it isn't so. Why is that, Hein?

Listen closely, I'll only say this once: IF you wanna play games with us, better be prepared damn well. I'm still sick and tired about the bitching that happened here during my vacation and there's not much room I'll leave to anybody to fool around.

Don't get me wrong here, each report will be checked. Some already were checked and I'm basically just waiting for some images to finally decide whether a reported model was ripped or whether there are too much differences so it cannot be said anymore (two scratch-made models of the same vehicle will always be pretty similiar). This is a obviously a lot of work and guaranteed, I won't accept that me or my fellow moderators have to spend hours on checking that, just to find out that the reporter did not do his homework properly. If this happens, once, no problem, twice, no problem as well. But once it becomes obvious that someone is on a crusade trying to discredit anybody else, be assured, this will have consequences as well, and since you are asking for a strict handling on handing out penalties, which is something we want to leave up the community to decide, I'll vote for a strict handling of repeatedly false positive reports as well, and since this is the moderators sparetime which is spend on such false positive reports, this is something WE will decide.

Or in simple words: What goes around, comes around.

if i decided to go through a few models that i think are kinda sketchy (no pun intended but i'll leave it in there) and report them would this help you guys in anyway? just asking cause i don't want to be a bother and possibly make this a bigger mess than what it is currently.

It's up to you and everyone else to decide whether you want to report something or not. If something is reported we'll check it and if needed take further action. We want to leave the decision how strict the rules are applied up to the community since you are the guys who spend hours with making those mods, you are the guys who lose credit if it's not given, so you shall decide whether you want something to be looked at or not. Edited by Flanna
Typos
  • Like 2

@stetson,

This isn't about permission. It's about using models from other games which is currently not allowed per oovee on this site. The issue is compounded when mod authors hide their model source behind nothing but the word "sketchup." A lot of sketchup models on sketchup's site are quite honest about their origins. Ignorance is bliss, eh?

EDIT: For example: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=ue62b9285-6637-49e3-a2a4-c4042b5303c7

Look familiar, anyone?

They not only tell us on sketchup what game this model is ripped from but they were kind enough to name the developer as well. Isn't that something.

EDIT2: Anyway. I'm done. This whole place sucks. I'm moving on. Have fun with your mess, guys. I don't give a crap about any of this and it doesn't look like oovee wants to budge on the other-game-models rule. I seriously doubt certain mods by certain modders will be removed because they have buddies in high places around here. And I'm just the venomous a-hole everyone wants me to be for calling you all on your bs. Good night. Have fun pretending to clean up. Don't bother replying. I'm not reading any more crap here. Bye.

All I'm saying is, there are 44 variations of that exact raptor model just on sketchup, 2 say it was ripped(that ive seen). So the only way the modder is going to know it was ripped is if someone tells them or they are lucky enough to have clicked one of the two that do give credit to the original author. So i dont think we should be so quick to hang the guys volunteering their time to make us something.

• Like 4

what if you can put base model sketchup but put a like it give credits to the author and its about giving credits to the person that "made that model and at leaset you did your part as to give credits to who it say the author is 
Credits -
 Textures, Suspension and animation By RICHIExtheXboss
Base Model sketchup 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=6821c1569beebce665ce7d745443f431
Enjoy Getting Muddy

Edited by richieXtheXboss

what if you can put base model sketchup but put a like it give credits to the author and its about giving credits to the person that "made that model and at leaset you did your part as to give credits to who it say the author is 

Credits -

Textures, Suspension and animation By RICHIExtheXboss

Base Model sketchup 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=6821c1569beebce665ce7d745443f431

Enjoy Getting Muddy

That is essentially what this post is all about.

And some special notes for Sketchup models: The terms of the General Model License are pretty relaxed. But there are a few clauses that are especially relevant:

Clause 1-B-ii: [The license to the Models granted above is limited to:] Incorporating or including Models and Creations into a larger work or a deliverable for a third party (“Combined Work”), provided that the Combined Work includes substantial additional content to the original Model;

I believe that the process of setting up a model, (addition of bones, skin modifiers, uv mapping, texturing etc) the class.xml 'description' of the model meets the "substantial additional content"

Clause 2-ii: [You may not, and you may not permit anyone else to:] claim or misrepresent ownership of any Model which you did not create or develop;

Very straightforwards. Do not say you made the original model if you did not (claim) or by omission imply that you made the model (misrepresent) The best bet is to follow the attribution guide linked above.

I am currently unsure about the legal status of relicensing a Sketchup model to a less-permissive licence (such as a Creative Commons license containing No Derivatives or Non Commercial clauses) but note that the GML only applies to those parts of the game model that were obtained from the original Sketchup model. If you have self-authored suspension, addons or wheels the GML does *not* cover them and they may be  licensed in any manner you see fit.

It may be worth noting that the GML does not specifically require you to name the original author, or provide any method of obtaining the original model. But as a moral issue, if you are going to apply a more stringent 'standard' (ie: You must credit me if you use/reuse any part of this) you should be willing to extend the same to the author of the model you have used.

Not a lawyer, don't take my opinion as being legally valid.
  • Like 2
  • 1 year later...

considering the last post was well over a year ago, i believe things have "calmed down"  :lol:

Nah it moved over to the Workshop where kids say Sh*t for no reason about your mods and rate bad (but send you friend requests) and some say good stuf and rate good, Some of the pro mod makers rip models from games or from other game mods (I'm not pointing at someone in particular)and become famous and some make their stuff from 0 I most cases or grab the from dmi-3d.net ,3dwarehouse or animiun

but if you read the comments the fight is still on 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

What about the way to export the new truck from Mudrunner to Spintires ? This is legal our not ? Cause to export Spintires model to Mudrunner seems is legal but nothing talking about Mudrunner to Spintires mesh. Thanks to ask!