Oovee® Games

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsRockAndRoll

LetsRockAndRoll's Truck Thread

Yeah 1st, 2nd and Reverse get a ~30% increase in torque over the current values. 3rd, 4th and 1+ (which is actually effectively a slightly slower 2nd) lose out in terms of torque, but get a bit more speed (although the obtainable speed in 1+ is likely to be lower, you'll probably get better fuel eco out of it, I guess it balances out in terms of usability)

Yeah 1st, 2nd and Reverse get a ~30% increase in torque over the current values. 3rd, 4th and 1+ (which is actually effectively a slightly slower 2nd) lose out in terms of torque, but get a bit more speed (although the obtainable speed in 1+ is likely to be lower, you'll probably get better fuel eco out of it, I guess it balances out in terms of usability)

Why do you use small such small letters like that? That is so hard to read when you do that. lol.

Here's a shot of some of the baking I got done. I found a good green that's close to what RnR used and it is an actual army color from back when. Still need to fix up a few spots tho.

Why do you use small such small letters like that? That is so hard to read when you do that. lol.

Here's a shot of some of the baking I got done. I found a good green that's close to what RnR used and it is an actual army color from back when. Still need to fix up a few spots tho.

attachicon.gif2015-04-30_00002.jpg

good ol od3 right ;) LOL

they made a good wrecker as well :) havnt got to run 1 myself but got to see em an pretty impressive with nicee dual booms :D

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Ford_CMP_Wrecker_CL4215068_pic3.JPG&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ford_CMP_Wrecker_CL4215068_pic3.JPG&h=2736&w=3648&tbnid=X3tSZbqPStf8RM:&zoom=1&docid=YVj9b5vHq3utiM&ei=5-pDVe_vD5LmoASq0IDwDQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygAMAA

I decided to try my hand at a scratch build and what could be better than the truck in my avatar. The FV 620 Alvis Stalwart. It's a 6x6 fully amphibious truck with a 5 ton load capacity. It's early days yet but it's coming along ok.

stalwart1.png

stalwart2.png

I looked at that and this is the first thing that came to my mind;

"Quack"

I will drive that making duck sounds all day!  :lol:

Started detailing the cab of the Stalwart, swim board, wipers, tow cable, shackles, and god knows how many rivets lol

stalwart_d.png

Started detailing the cab of the Stalwart, swim board, wipers, tow cable, shackles, and god knows how many rivets lol

To the tune of Taylor Swift's "Shake it off" ♫ Bake it on 

Seriously though:

<ReverseGear
	Torque="72832"
	AngVelMin="-5.07"
	AngVelOpt="2.53"
	AngVelMax="7.6"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.1"
/>
<HighGear
	Torque="37964"
	AngVelMin="0"
	AngVelOpt="4.86"
	AngVelMax="14.59"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.1"
/>
<Gear
	Torque="72832"
	AngVelMin="-5.07"
	AngVelOpt="2.53"
	AngVelMax="7.6"
	AutoNextLinVel="2.28"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.1"
/>
<Gear
	Torque="37964"
	AngVelMin="0.63"
	AngVelOpt="4.86"
	AngVelMax="14.59"
	AutoNextLinVel="3.69"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.05"
/>
<Gear
	Torque="23488"
	AngVelMin="1.02"
	AngVelOpt="7.86"
	AngVelMax="23.58"
	AutoNextLinVel="6.18"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.05"
/>
<Gear
	Torque="14020"
	AngVelMin="1.71"
	AngVelOpt="13.17"
	AngVelMax="39.5"
	AutoNextLinVel="9.52"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.05"
/>
<Gear
	Torque="9104"
	AngVelMin="2.64"
	AngVelOpt="20.28"
	AngVelMax="60.83"
	MaxDeltaAngVel="0.05"
/> 

I have assumed you have the correct sized tires (14.00-20 ~0.6m radius (1270mm diameter))

Since the Stalwart has a single-speed TCase, I've just made 1+ equal to 2nd gear.

And here's some links:

Stollyfiles

Pics with the back and sides down

Have fun!

Double-post for great justice!

Don't forget the UBRE:

k160u_e.jpga160b.jpg

Each of the tanks has a capacity of 1100L for a total capacity of 2200L capacity of 2200L for a total capacity of 4400L (or 440L once you use the same conversion rate as the rest of the ingame fuel cisterns) that volume of diesel weighs 3520kg and it weighs about 1000kg empty.

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=14&subcategory=234&product=2487

EDIT: FWIW the Stalwart itself has a 454L (100UKgal) fuel tank

Going to give your gear box settings a go now PL. many thanks.

Those Accurate Armour kits are amazing. I used to build them when I was younger but the old eyes can't manage all the minute photo-etch detailing these days. Great source of material though.

Yeah, have a look on the Stollyfiles link too, there's the full tech manual there, which has pretty detailed pics of... everything related to the Stalwart.

I did notice that the rear end on yours isn't quite right. The exhaust and muffler sit in the boxed off part on the RHS, no idea (probably nothing!) in the boxed off bit on the LHS. But looking good so far :D

I've fitted the exhaust housing and the 'other' box earlier tonight. It looks as though they might cause some clipping with the short logs load. hopefully a few tweaks will sort that out.

A static log load would be dead easy to model, and setting up the XML is easy too (do it the same way the 7310's log load is 'different', but still uses the medium loadable logs)

Question: How do you make a truck without a carriage carry logs?

I wanted the Stalwart to capable of carrying and delivering a short log load. My problem was that the Stalwarts load area that looks like a carriage addon in the pics is actually an integral part of the model just as it is on the real thing. So I had 2 options, alter the model to make the load area an addon or find another way.

The game needs your truck to install an addon with a load area before it will let you load logs and the name of the addon's xml file needs to be added to the corresponding load logs file. In this case, load_logs_short.xml.

So I made a very small mesh, gave it a ctd, and exported it as, token.x
I changed an existing carriage xml file to use token.x as it's mesh,

########################################################
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<_templates Include="trucks" />
<TruckAddon IsChassisFullOcclusion="true">
<GameData>
<InstallSocket Type="CargoToken" />

<LoadArea
Type="ShortLogs"
Min="(-4.42; 1.15; -1.4)"
Max="(-2.9; 1.7; 1.4)"
/>

</GameData>
<PhysicsModel Mesh="Stalwart/token.xml">
<Body Mass="150" ImpactType="Truck">
<Constraint Type="Fixed" />

</Body>
</PhysicsModel>

</TruckAddon>

#########################################################

added its name to load_logs_short.xml, and added it in the normal way to the Stalwarts <GameData> section.

<AddonSockets>
        <CargoToken />
</AddonSockets>

The fake carriage appeared as normal in the Stalwarts addon list and showed the 'can carry loads' message on mouseover.

shot050615_170633.png

So I installed it and set off to the logging camp. Where everything worked as normal.

shot050615_171155.png

shot050615_171253.png

So the Stalwart can deliver logs without a carriage addon.

shot050615_171418.png

That was a good idea. Thanks for the info too. I'll add this to my sticky too as this should come in handy for others trying to do something similar. :)

EDIT: Your mod is looking very good too. :)

Excellent RaR!

Since PL provided me with some excellent resources I've made a start on a UBRE ( Unit Bulk Refuelling Equipment ) addon for the Stalwart.

ubre.png