Oovee® Games

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandmansa

Need help with log loads

got it to work     thanks PL

Edit:  I got it to drop logs, but im not able to load them back up.  the logs are in the trailer and positioned to where they should be, like in the stock trucks, and its not giving me an option to bring the full load back as in  "click and poof the load is back"   

post-127382-0-73158900-1427529240_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help PL but your instructions are not working.  Keep in mind that the truck I am using has the option to use the default medium log cart or cart with crane with the medium log trailer OR this big log cart that doesn't need a trailer.  And I think this is what's causing the problem.   When I click on "Medium Logs" it's saying that I need a medium log cart/cart with crane and a trailer.

And if I try editing the load_logs_medium.xml with the additional big log cart, I'm still in need of the medium log trailer. <_<

What method I am using now is I have a load_logs_medium3.xml in the classes/trucks folder and a log_medium_b.xml in the classes/models folder.  But like this, if you drop the load, you can't salvage it and you can't load manually.

@..........: You'll probably need to also have something like this set up in the addon xml in classes/trucks/f350_log_trailer:

<GameData>
    <InstallSocket Type="f350_trailer" />
    <LoadArea
        Type="MediumLogs"
        Min="(-5.806; 1.816; -1.65)"
        Max="(-4.360; 2.65; 1.65)"
    />
    <LoadArea
        Type="MediumLogs"
        Min="(-2.059; 1.816; -1.65)"
        Max="(-0.374; 2.65; 1.65)"
    />
</GameData>

@Sandmansa: in the classes/trucks/modded_truck.xml try doing this:

<AddonSockets>
	<LoadLogsMedium Offset="(-0.302; 1.55; 0.0)" />
	<LoadLogsMedium3 Offset="(-0.302; 1.55; 0.0)" />
</AddonSockets>

An in the classes/trucks/load_logs_medium3.xml change the installsocket to LoadLogsMedium3:

<InstallSocket Type="LoadLogsMedium3" Offset="(-0.93; 1.74; 0.0)" />

That should work.

i will give that a try.  i did notice that a second load area was missing in the files i have.   Are these load areas the invisible manual load areas?  (they turn red or green when manually loading)   and do they correspond to the dots on the logs?

As for the kraz 6316 i removed the log cart and opted for the long log trailer and cart from the stock kraz.  Makes it more challenging and more load points. 

Bah!  I just can't seem to get it to work this way PL.  I followed your instructions to the letter.   But when I pull my truck into the lumber yard and I select "Medium Logs", it's just not picking up on the big log cart and won't allow me to load up.

:/ damn. Was sure that would work. Got a lot of 'free' time this week, so I will try and have a look at it and see what can be done.

If you feel up to it, check out my swamp monster mod and use the zil 133.  This is the truck with the big log cart I was talking about.  The way I have it setup now, you can load it at a lumber yard and transport and deliver the logs.  But if the load gets dumped, the logs just vanish.  And it won't let you load manually either.

Negative. Looks like it will only recognize one of each 'flavor' of load per truck.

You can make a duplicate of the medium_log_a and use that instead. But you won't be able to trans-ship those logs (ie they will only load on that particular addon) or load them on at the manual log loading zones (it should be possible to hex-hack some medium_log_b [or whatever] in place of the standard medium_log_a onto the map though)

So i took a few days off and started poking around and i think i made some progress as to why logs aren't spawning when i drop my load or tip over with the f350 and a few other trucks.  I found a truck that does indeed drop logs for manual loading and its the uaz 456 4X4  from spintires.nl.  I started comparing that truck with other trucks and  found that in the media/meshes/models  folder that there is 2 files there, one being a .X file and the other a .Xml file.   Once i removed those 2 files from the media/meshes/models folder, it wouldnt spawn any logs for manual loading....but once i put them back, it would spawn logs.   Im thinking thats maybe whats missing from Brutes f350 and a couple other trucks as to why they dont drop logs when tipped over or when i drop the load.   I could be wrong here, but its just what i noticed...

NOTE: im playing legacy version

That is an essentially simplistic version of what I already said. For Legacy it is a little bit different to Stable, because you can't have multiple loads 'sharing' the same loadable logs.

From what I heard, for the logs to be visible and laying on the ground when flipped, the log load has to have the same name as the single log. So in Swampmonsters, you have these in the classes\models folder. - log_long_b.xml, log_long_c.xml, log_medium_b.xml, log_short_b.xml. You also need to have single logs in the meshes\models folder with the same names.

From what I heard, for the logs to be visible and laying on the ground when flipped, the log load has to have the same name as the single log. So in Swampmonsters, you have these in the classes\models folder. - log_long_b.xml, log_long_c.xml, log_medium_b.xml, log_short_b.xml. You also need to have single logs in the meshes\models folder with the same names.

That doesn't seem to make any difference in this case.  As PL had mentioned earlier (and I tend to agree) there seems to be checks in place to make sure that you can only load one specific load (long, medium or short) on to a specific carrier/s.  Now I know that you can change how and what logs load, where.  As long as the load in question is used only once per truck.  But in the case of my swamp monsters zil 133, it can carry the default medium logs in 2 different ways.  And thus is the dilemma.  It would seem that the only way to fix the issue would be to make new loads like ........ was mentioning.

As long as the load in question is used only once per truck.  ...  It would seem that the only way to fix the issue would be to make new loads.

Essentially yes. It sucks and is, imo, stupid (same as the restriction of not being able to directly attach loads to trailers!) and basically seems to be a case of "well I only need it to work in this situation, so I will only make it work in that situation." and never mind game expandability.

Success!  well not with the f350,(i will get back to that in a little bit)  but with eclipse's K20 and it dropping lumber.   It indeed was missing the .X file and textures which i harvested from the Uaz 456 4x4 and using PL's info, made it work.  (thanks PL)    so now i can load up lumber with the K20 and go for a vigorous drive and recover my lost lumber with a crane.   

post-127382-0-86610800-1428044204_thumb.jpg

post-127382-0-27521400-1428044222_thumb.jpg

post-127382-0-02191400-1428044238_thumb.jpg

post-127382-0-42135500-1428044286_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, I followed the tips here to be able to load logs on trailers but I have a problem when I loaded the logs, the trailer suddenly becomes "stiff" its like its frozen.

What kind of trailer are you working with Gabe?  5th wheel or bumper/receiver hitch type?

It's this thing. it can carry mini logs. So far this is what the code looks like for the mini logs:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<TruckAddon>
    <GameData ManualLoads="1" LoadPoints="1">
        <InstallSocket Type="mini_logs" />
        RequiredAddon Type="Mini Log Trailer green,MiniLogTrailer_civilian
    </GameData>
    <PhysicsModel Mesh="mini_logs.xml">
        <Body
            Mass="100"
            CenterOfMassOffset="(0.5; 0; 0)"
            ImpactType="Truck"
            Friction="0.1"
            Collisions="None"
            ParentFrame="Chassis"
        >
            <Constraint Type="Fixed" />
        </Body>
    </PhysicsModel>
</TruckAddon>

Then since I had no idea wha to do next I made sure the add-on socket on the desired truck that can carry the trailer, i positioned the add-on

<mini_logs Offset="(-1.91; 0.1; 0.0)"/>

Then the problem happens. It either freezes the trailer or it dose not move with the trailer at alll. As we can see here it did load onto the trailer, tho it's attached itself to be a child of the small truck, it moves with the small truck not with the trailer

post-142745-0-31728500-1434805599_thumb.jpg

post-142745-0-13818800-1434806510_thumb.jpg

<Constraint type="fixed" />

That is your problem. Look at the constraint on the medium or long log load for an example of what you need to do

Try replacing this...

With something like this...

<Constraint
				Type="Ragdoll"
				PlaneAxis="(0; 0; 1.0)"
				TwistAxis="(1.0; 0; 0)"
				TwistMin="-180"
				TwistMax="180"
			/>

That is your problem. Look at the constraint on the medium or long log load for an example of what you need to do

ok, will experiment with this. Should I leave the offset where it is or add it to the log addon ?