Oovee® Games

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silveradoman298

How to add winch socket

Hello all. I am trying to add a winch socket to a large rock load mod that I created so that it can be picked up by a winch from a crane. Is it a simple as adding code to the xml? If so, does anyone know the appropriate code so that it shows up in game.

should be able to be added in xml. open up the xml for trees and you will see the winch socket

<GameData>
        <WinchSocket ParentFrame="BoneRoot_cdt" Offset="(0; 0.948; -0.039)" />
    </GameData>

Im not sure what "BoneRoot_cdt" is because I havnt looked that much into it.

Afaik the ParentFrame is the part of the model you're attaching too. You know that trucks have parts that move independent of eachother (like on some trucks the cab and attachments)? Or even a crane? That is where this attribute comes in. Basically to make sure that the force of the cable is applied to the correct part of the truck.

I appreciate your responses to my question. How do I know what the parent frame of my mod is titled? I have tried many combinations, but cant figure it out. I checked out how the xmls for the trees are set up, however they use templates for the PhysicsModel data. The xml is included below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<TruckAddon>
    <GameData ManualLoads="1" LoadPoints="1">
        <InstallSocket Type="LoadLogsShort" />
        <WinchSocket ParentFrame="???" Offset="(0; 0; 0)" />
    </GameData>
    <PhysicsModel Mesh="rock_load.xml">
        <Body
            Mass="2000"
            CenterOfMassOffset="(0.5; 0; 0)"
            ImpactType="Truck"
            Friction="0.1"
        >
            <Constraint Type="Fixed" />
        </Body>
    </PhysicsModel>
</TruckAddon>

Hello all. I am trying to add a winch socket to a large rock load mod that I created so that it can be picked up by a winch from a crane. Is it a simple as adding code to the xml? If so, does anyone know the appropriate code so that it shows up in game.

You created the mod but you don't know the frame or bone names. How come?

I misread the question. Thought you were trying to do this on a truck :P

Anyway, as these stones don't have any bone modifier, you can just leave out the attribute. Set the offset to (0;0;0) and the connection will be made in the center.

<GameData>
	<WinchSocket Offset="(0; 0; 0)" />
</GameData>
Simply adding that inside the <PlantsBrand></PlantsBrand> node and you're good to go:

shot012915_150214.png

I dont have the <plants brand> node in the xml as this rock mod is set up as a load and not plant. It is set up just like a log load. Do I need to add a bone modifier to my model as well as the xml to get this to work?

Good question. I just tried it on the normal stones, which are setup as plant. I'll look into this :)

Pavel once said that log loads had winch sockets at some point in time as part of the winch testing process, so it is definitely possible (while having the rock set up as a load).

Basically that's what I'm gonna try after I finished waxing my skis :)

Should be able to make it load too, the same way as the stone load mod works.

This is basically the same thing as the stone load mod. If you can figure out how to add a winch socket to that mod, then this ought to work. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I misread the question. Thought you were trying to do this on a truck :PAnyway, as these stones don't have any bone modifier, you can just leave out the attribute. Set the offset to (0;0;0) and the connection will be made in the center.

<GameData>
	<WinchSocket Offset="(0; 0; 0)" />
</GameData>
Simply adding that inside the <PlantsBrand></PlantsBrand> node and you're good to go:attachicon.gifshot012915_150214.png

MarijnS95 does this setup allow your vehicle to actually winch to any and all rocks?

MarijnS95 does this setup allow your vehicle to actually winch to any and all rocks?

To all the stones that were lying around. But those are PlantsBrand, not load. I've yet to try it out on the rock load mod.