Oovee® Games

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclipse81

Eclipse Truck Shop

Wow! That really came out good, nice texture dude.

But, but, but... game balance!  :-P

I was shocked when I looked up the specs in trucker paper of the fuel tanker I used for reference and it said 5400 gallon tank and did the litre conversion was roughly 18000.

Hey, you never know, you may have 4 type E's that run outta gas simultaneously! If that happened, I would love a 20,441 liter fuel cistern. (that one liter is important, include it!)

Funny that a realistic tank holds 20k litres but when I put realistic litre from gallon conversion of fuel capacity on my chevy thats the first thing people go to change. I set the fuel capacity on the kenworth passed on 100 gallon tanks which is common.

There was a thread somewhere where PressureLine and I are going back and forth about fuel weight and he breaks out the "math" for how the game does fuel weight.

It's pretty simple really :P In this example I am going to ignore the fact that the volumes of the fuel cisterns ingame has been measured incorrectly (it just makes for confusing :blink:)

Start off with the real volume of the tank (in your case Eclipse, 18000L) and divide that by 10 (so that's 1800L) this is your ingame fuel capacity. Starting again with the real capacity of the tank (18000L) multiply that by 0.4 (7200kg) if you want to match the stock trucks, or 0.8 if you want it 'real' (14400kg)

Some of the reasons it gets confusing with the stock addons is:

1. The volume of the tank is calculated incorrectly (the cistern addon for example is about 8.5m3 [8500L real, 850L adjusted] when you measure the volume, but ingame capacity is 1200L)
  2. The density (kg/L) of the fuel used in calculating the fuel mass is also wrong. Diesel is ~0.8kg/L, gasoline is ~0.75kg/L, Pavel has used 0.4kg/L when calculating fuel mass.

I haven't had a more than cursory glance at the weight of loads, but they should also weigh about twice what the stock loads do, based on the volume of wood being transported  :rolleyes:

Note that the above only applies to fuel being transported. The fuel tank capacity of the trucks themselves is based on the real volume of their fuel tanks (both of the MAZ trucks however have the wrong capacity ingame) So if you have a pair of 100gal tanks on the Kenworth, use a truck fuel capacity of ~760L (2*100gal*3.785=757L)

Yep. Marijn asked me about the div10 too, and the simplest answer is:

Well if you could load up a cistern addon which could hold 12000 litres of fuel, in any 'normal' length game you would never have to refill it. You could simply drag it behind one of your 'working' trucks and fill your tanks whenever you felt like it, knowing you wouldn't run out of fuel unless you were trying a "100 load" marathon.

So yeah, game balance (such as it is)

It's pretty simple really :P In this example I am going to ignore the fact that the volumes of the fuel cisterns ingame has been measured incorrectly (it just makes for confusing :blink:)

Start off with the real volume of the tank (in your case Eclipse, 18000L) and divide that by 10 (so that's 1800L) this is your ingame fuel capacity. Starting again with the real capacity of the tank (18000L) multiply that by 0.4 (7200kg) if you want to match the stock trucks, or 0.8 if you want it 'real' (14400kg)

Some of the reasons it gets confusing with the stock addons is:

1. The volume of the tank is calculated incorrectly (the cistern addon for example is about 8.5m3 [8500L real, 850L adjusted] when you measure the volume, but ingame capacity is 1200L)
  2. The density (kg/L) of the fuel used in calculating the fuel mass is also wrong. Diesel is ~0.8kg/L, gasoline is ~0.75kg/L, Pavel has used 0.4kg/L when calculating fuel mass.

I haven't had a more than cursory glance at the weight of loads, but they should also weigh about twice what the stock loads do, based on the volume of wood being transported  :rolleyes:

Note that the above only applies to fuel being transported. The fuel tank capacity of the trucks themselves is based on the real volume of their fuel tanks (both of the MAZ trucks however have the wrong capacity ingame) So if you have a pair of 100gal tanks on the Kenworth, use a truck fuel capacity of ~760L (2*100gal*3.785=757L)

Good stuff. Thanks PL. I just added a link to this to the sticky under - Fuel Capacities and Fuel Weight - In Game and for Real

So the weight is calculated off the actual capacity of the tank (but half the density of the fuel) while the capacity is only one tenth. Yep. 

IKR. I think it's just because it's one of those things that has had 'placeholder' values (that work ingame, and make sense if you don't think about it too much) put in to get a playable game, and have never been looked at again. I will probably spend some time over the next wee while and get a more complete "What this value means" guide for modding :)

Anyway, back on topic. The Kenworth looks great so far, as does the K20 :)

Ah ok I was good on my truck fuel then. I had each tank at 380. Ones on the base truck and the tractor addon has the 2nd tank

Decided to put Brettkillpack's M1008 in game. using some parts from my K20 as a base and his body mesh. Still have some rearranging to do and make some glass and different wheels and tires.

2015-04-29_00001_zps0fkqrtqt.jpg

2015-04-29_00002_zpshwb9m1ia.jpg