Before I go into the nitty-gritty details of the v1.5.0 update, I'd like to announce that the free Vehicle Pack DLC is now available on Steam!
It contains a bunch of trucks and for the first time in Spintires officially, a tractor! So let's go into a bit more detail about each vehicle:
This truck was built primarily for one purpose, and that's to haul massive logs or trailers. Surprisingly, despite the fact it only a four-wheeler, it's a capable truck, likely down to the fact it has AWD, lifted suspension and it's sharing the same diesel powerplant found in the C-4320.
The little sister of the C-509 you could say. Suited for more civilized terrain, but still capable offroad nonetheless, especially when equipt with offroad tires on the rear. This truck has more attachments available than its bigger sister, so with it, you can unlock garages or offer repair points to your comrades etc.
Its title is a bit of a mouthful, but you guessed it, it shares its roots with the B-130. That said, don't let that fool you into thinking that it's going to get stuck in every rut. With its extended chassis, it's able to creep across the landscape with ease.
It's like the "Little engine that could", well, could almost. It's only RWD, so don't expect miracles from her offroad. That said, it has a bunch of attachments including a front loader that you can use to load up the farm trailer that also included in this pack.
Also, in the pack, you'll find three new trailer types!
Together with the Vehicle Pack, we have also pushed out the v1.5.0 update. The significant change in this update is the ability to save multiplayer progress so you and your fellow comrades can pick up where you left off!
It is also now possible to unlock vehicles on the map for other players, meaning even if you didn't unlock a particular truck on the map, another player can go get it for you and then you can then jump into that vehicle regardless (teamwork)!
Additionally; work on improving the appearance of Spintires was done with the goal of providing more vibrant, true-to-life colours! Hopefully, you'll agree that the game looks much better now.
Stick around next week for a special DLC announcement!
Added / New
- Multiplayer game saving ability. See notes below.
- In multiplayer, players can unlock vehicles for other players.
- Button to kick players off an MP lobby.
- New truck selection menu, with searchbox, alphabetical sorting, and interactive preview (with right click drag).
- Support for non-latin characters in MP lobby chat.
- Forward kinematics bones (allow bones not linked to physics to be driven by user input).
Improvements / Adjustments
- MP trucks revert to ghost state less often.
- Removed MP truck underglow.
- Added scrollbar on map selection menu.
- Removed the ingame workshop browser.
- Improved LUT/Media.xml configurations for brighter graphics and vibrant colours.
- Sort garage list alphabetically (with trailers at the bottom of the list regardless).
- Fixed a crash when joining an MP lobby that uses a map that is not installed. It is no longer possible to join such lobbies.
- Fixed non-stop suspension creaks when suspension travel is 0.
- Fixed handbrake dragging sound that was triggered by wheels not even connected to a handbrake.
- Fixed game compass still visible under minimap overlay.
- Fixed various random crashes happening during physics interactions.
- Fixed brightness & contrast calibration tools.
- Each member of a multiplayer game has its own save.
- Resuming a game does not require all members from the previous session to be present.
- All members present when resuming a game need to have their save.
- Starting or joining another multiplayer game will overwrite your multiplayer save for that map, and you will not be able to join players resuming from the save you just lost.
- Starting new games in singleplayer will not affect multiplayer saves.